Tuesday 22 December 2015

Fulani hair

The two powders already mixed

A few days ago I bought the above powder from a Fulani woman (Fulani is a nomadic tribe from the northern parts of Nigeria).

It is actually a mix of two powders, one was light brown the other much darker. She said the powders should be mixed with oils and applied to the scalp to prevent and treat dandruff. Also to promote healthy growing hair.

Her English wasn't very good. I tried to ask her a few questions about the powder but she did not know the English words. So for all I know she could have sold me cow dung or  some funny roots. But lets be optimistic LOL. The mix is almost odorless but there is a slight hemp smell.

A few years ago I read an article or a blog post about how Fulani women mix some powder like stuff with cow fat and apply to their hair. The article described it as a mysterious powerful hair elixir. That was what was going through my mind when the Fulani woman said it was for hair.
Fulani women have beautiful long natural hair. Everything they apply to their hair is sourced from nature and I bet they know a lot about how to care for natural hair.

I have mixed the powder with Shea butter, applied it a few times to my hairline and scalp.  Lets see how it goes.

My mix with Shea butter
 

19 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faye said...

Sounds very interesting, I look forward to seeing the results :)

Unknown said...

So, how did it turn out? Cuz I bought the same thing and mixed it with Shea butter and a little bit of Vaseline blue seal

nappy girl said...

@monsalisachikezie pls see my update post. p.s I do not think Vaseline is a good idea

Joy Anaekwe said...

I just got mine and its seems very effective.i used to have a cronic ichy scalp but once i applied it ,it felt much more better.

Unknown said...

How did it turn out?

Adetutu Okeowo said...

I got the same powder u got and anxious to know if it worked for u or not. Please give updates on this. Thanks

Ricky Rose said...

This is really great work. Thank you for sharing such a good and useful information here in the blog for students. buy Ivey case study solutions

Engineer-Exam-Result said...

Harvard case analysis Such a nice post, keep providing good resources.

Anonymous said...

This a good way to appreciate the teacher as they put their efforts to train students. UK dissertation Writers appreciates the teachers.
Java Programming Homework Help

Unknown said...

They are not able to finish the writing assignments on time. For some students, writing any writing assignments is able to waste their time
Momina Mustehsan Hd Wallpapers

Unknown said...

Pls how do I get it

Unknown said...

Enter your reply...where can I locate them. I live in Lagos

Unknown said...

What’s the name of the powder

Peace said...

How did it turn out

Peace said...

How did it turn out

Anonymous said...

Chebe powder

Anonymous said...

How can I get one please,I have been looking for it because I bought it some time ago and I can proudly say that it really works

Anonymous said...

I got the same powder what do I mix with to make it more effective