Wednesday 17 August 2016

Before you cut your hair

A few months ago I cut my hair, it was cut into a tapered shape. Tapered cuts usually have the hair at the back of the head shorter than the front.

I was happy with it for all of three weeks.

Just three weeks. After that I wanted/want my old length back!

I started to think why I was having this issue with my hair?  Simple answer is I was indeed bored with my hair. WTH right? I know! We all experience periods where we would like to do something different with our hair. Most times changing the style or cut the hair is what we do.

Since I regret my hair cut, I've written this down as a kind of check list for the future, in the inevitable event that I get bored again. You too can use these points to avoid regretting a planned or spontaneous hair style cut or change.


1. Think long and hard to be sure that you want to go through with it
2. Do research about the new style, what is required to maintain the hair style and how often you will need to re-cut or re-style
3. Again, think long and hard to be sure you aren't just bored
4. Look for a good stylist to cut your hair, last thing you want it to be stuck with a crappy hair cut
5. Be sure you will be happy with the chosen hair style and it will suit your face
6. Is this a spontaneous move?
7. Will your hair be healthier in the new style or cut?

I will admit that since I cut my hair, I've been paying more attention to it so my hair is healthier. 
Also I didn't cut it too short, at the moment I can put my hair in an up do.

 

No comments: