Tuesday 19 June 2012

Advocate for Natural Hair

I have become an advocate for natural hair not just because I now have natural hair but also for the healthy hair  and image factors.

I go on line every other day to read and learn about natural hair, I've become addicted to a few blogs and Culry Nikki has to be one of my fav (www.curlynikki.com)

I am six months post big chop but it has been one year since I last relaxed my hair. Why you may ask did I choose to go on this wonderful journey? Well for me it was because I want fuller healthier hair.  My relaxed grew long but lacked volume so I always wore it short and colored. I have soft hair but there are other with more coarse hair that on this journey as well. Natural hair isn't local and churchy as we in Nig thought it was. It is cool, fun, versatile, hard work, makes you stand out, interesting, healthy, give you confidence and most of all makes you fall in love with your hair.  I am also of the opinion that having natural hair helps one develop a unique personal style.

So to encourage more ladies to join the revolution in Africa and Nigeria here are a few pictures of natural haired ladies.  





I especially love the dyed hair styles, although coloring one's hair entails additional care to keep the hair healthy and user friendly.

No comments: