Monday 4 August 2014

Quick tip- Dandruff



A few days ago my sister complained about dandruff. She said she had tried so many different things and products but nothing seemed to be helping (I think she didn't try many of them long enough for them to actually work..... impatient girl). She asked me to come over with my bottle of tea tree essential oil to put on her scalp and I thought why not mix that with some black Jamaican castor oil. The heaviness of the castor oil will make for stronger hold and better coating while the tea tree will work on the dandruff.

And... It work unbelievably well!

We applied the mix in the evening and by morning there were no white flake. She followed up the treatment with tea tree oil in water and sprayed on her hair and scalp. She had just installed box braid so there was no washing the hair just yet.

Tea tree oil is fantastic for different uses; I apply the oil mixed with castor oil to my hair line and I must say the combination of the mix and protective styling has really helped improve the hair around the nape and front of my head.
Also I use tea tree oil for my breakout; it dries up the breakout almost overnight and doesn't leave spots.

So, if you are having dandruff issue, try tea tree oil, on it's own, mixed with other oils/butter or in a spray bottle with water.