Thursday 5 November 2015

I am back


To the few who look up my blog and to those who stubble on it, I am back.

Where have I been you may ask? Well,  generally living life and the small matter of having a baby.

LOL

I have been blessed with the most adorable baby girl in the world. I know all mothers say this about their children, but my precious Eme (Eme means Precious or jewel in Efik) is truly adorable.

Pregnancy hormones was good for my hair, it grew longer and thinker. Unfortunately I did not take any photos. So I have no proof, you are just going to have to take my word for it.

The above photo was taken a few weeks ago. This was before a sad incident of common weaving made me take an extensive trim in annoyance. You see, I carried my own two legs and asked a lady at a salon to weave my hair into corn rolls. She made them too tight, when I asked her to loosen them a little she made the point that my hair is very soft and the weaving will loosen on their own soon. Which in all honesty has been the case in the past. But this time around, after a few days, the weaving still hurting so I undid them. Only to find clumps of hair falling off from my already naturally scanty baby hair line. I was very sad and annoyed. I was tempted to big chop again (third time's the charm) After a talk with my younger sister I was encouraged to just care for my distressed edges and grow them to health like I have done in the past.

Moral of the story is, if it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. Do not let, I repeat Do not let anyone pull at your hair line. 

Any ways, back to the blogging thing.

Finding material to write on isn't the easiest and I don't write about my personal life too much.
I quite enjoy blogging and find it quite theraputic. So I will try my best to post a write up a week or every two weeks. LOL As the spirit leads oh.

God's grace be with you


No comments: