Wednesday 7 November 2012

What cha been doing down in Lagos ??

So I moved to Lagos in October to take up new employment. I was initially nervous and excited to be moving to Lag; Lagos being the center of commercial  and social activity in Nigeria but also having very bad traffic jams/go slow and high crime rates.

So far Lagos has been good to me, I avoid certain areas during the week and peak traffic times, I stay away from certain places and people. My new job has been very interesting, being the end of the year there are a few social outings that I've been opportune to attend (thought work) and there are a few more in the works. There is a very bubbly night life in Lagos but I have not been interested in that recently. Below are a few pictures of things I've done and places been.

Golf outing ( I didn't play, was just there for the free food and drinks)


At a Private beach, was a guest of company's client

Handing out sweets to the local kids from the near by community
Halloween party, went as a Nubian queen (or sort of)
My nephews who insist on dressing alike to Church

Lagos is being good to me sort of. I have had my hair in weaves because there just isn't enough time to get it done daily and weekly. All I want to do on Saturday mornings is sleep, but as I get more settled in, my hair is going to my out more.


I just got information on a natural hair meet up in Lagos so excited to be attending my first one ever. 

No comments: