Tuesday 6 November 2012

Protective style






I've had my nappy hair in weave for over two months and I must say I have seen some improvement. Not only does my hair feel stronger I can see more volume as well. 

The Henna and Jessie treatments could be helping too but I think having my hair in plaits under a weave is protecting it from the elements and helping grow.

I make sure no heat is put in my hair when in the salon for a sew in, make sure I wash and treat at least every three weeks , also my hair has to be well moisturized before the weave is put in.

I am wearing weaves a lot because I moved to Lagos and my work hours are crazy; I have to be up at 5 am to get to the office at 7:30 am. Very different from my 8 am wake up in Abuja. Having to deal with my natural hair would have been an issue for me in the past few weeks. But it seems to be helping.

No comments: